35th Annual National Conference of Social Studies Association of Nigeria.
Theme: Social Studies and Consolidation of Democracy in Nigeria
Date: 26th – 29th August 2019
Venue: Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (OBJ) Auditorium, Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo.
Monday 26th August, 2019 – Arrival of Participants and Guests
Tuesday 27th August, 2019 – Opening ceremony and Award of Honours – First Plenary Sessions
Wednesday 28th August, 2019 – Second Plenary Sessions
Thursday 29th August, 2019 – AG – Closing/Departure
- Theories of Democracy and implications for Nigerian Democratic Practice.
- Nigerian History and Issues of Democracy
- Building True Democratic Structures through Social and Civic Instructions.
- Effective Leadership and Sustenance of Democracy in Nigeria.
- Civic Processes and Democratic Practices in Nigeria.
- Social and Cultural practices and Sustenance of Democracy in Nigeria
- Financial Democracy Beyond Wastefulness
- Safe Democratic Motherhood: Using the Competent Midwives
- Promoting Friendly Speeches: Are there “Registers of Words”?
- Promoting Democracy through Elections: What and What Not?
- Democratic Shares and Dividends in Nigeria.
- Voter Activeness as a Tool for Sustainable Democracy
- The Game and Sport of Democracy: The Rule and the Medal.
- Protection Democracy; Beyond the Baton and the Gun.
- Curriculum Revision and the Challenges of Democratic culture and Behaviour.
- Building Institutions and infrastructures for Sustainable Democracy in Nigeria.
- Nigerian National Motto, “Unity and Faith, peace and Progress”: how else can we achieve it?
- National Questions: Can Our Faith Make Us Whole?
- Reconciling Religiosity and secularity in a Democracy;
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
The type character should be Times New Roman wiith 12-point font in double line spacing. The maximum word-count for each paper should not exceed 5000. The maximum page required should be less than 10 (references inclusive). Authors should discuss their points in prose form and avoid bulleting and listing. All empirical papers should have a blend of concepts, theory and empirical gaps as part of their introduction. This is followed by objectives, research questions/hypotheses, results, discussion, conclusion and recommendations. Position papers should have introduction, objectives and lead-questions; while the paper’s body provides answers derived from secondary data as its content. This is then followed with conclusion and recommendations.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT
An abstract of not more than 200 words should be submitted not later than 5th June, 2019 via e-mail to the Secretary, LOC-
Full papers of articles for presentation should be submitted not later than 5th August, 2019. All submissions are to be made electronically. However, participants should bring along fifteen (15) hard copies of their papers to the registration desk. It must be noted that all papers presented at the conference will be peer-reviewed and if found publishable shall be published thereafter. It is therefore anticipated that all entries should be packaged for publication.
CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers are invited from experts in Social Studies and experts in its contributory subjects (scholars in Political Science, Economics, Geography, History , Sociology, Psychology, philosophy, Fine Arts, literature, Music, Religious Studies, Science and Technology, policy and Strategic Studies, International Relations, Public Administration, local Government Studies, etc). This year conference centres on how to sustain and consolidate Nigeria’s democracy. All presentations are therefore to provide implications for Nigeria’s democracy.
Prof. Femi Mimiko
Lead Paper Presenter:
Dr. Rotimi William okunloye
R.A. Olatunji (08060069062)
Protocol Officer, LOC.
A.B. Tugbiyele (07051699884)
Dr. A.T. Adelekan (08038060264)
Dr. M. Omiyefa
SOSAN National Secretary
Dr. D.A. Falade
Dean, School of Arts and Social Sciences,
Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo
Dr. S.A. Akintunde
Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo
Accommodation spaces are available at the hotels around the Conference venue at affordable prices.
Adeyemi College of Education Guest house, Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo.
Price range: between N3,000.00 and N4,000.00
NIEPA Guest House, Laje Road, Ondo.
Price range: between N3,500.00 and N6,600.00
Stella Palace Hotel, Oka, Ondo.
Price range: between N2,500.00 and N8,475.00
Olamojiba Hotel, Ore Road, Ondo.
Price range: between N2,875.00 and N4,600.00
Love and Peace Hotel, Ore Road, Ondo.
Price range: between N3,335.00 and N4,830.00
Ade Super Hotel, Ademulegun Road, Ondo.
Akiavic blue Roof Hotel, Ademulegun Road, Ondo.
Esporta Suite, Ife Road, Ondo.
- Registration: N16,000.00
- Student Registration: N6,000.00